This week, our friends at Mobile Measurement company, Appsflyer, released the latest edition of their much-anticipated Performance Index – a report which ranks the top mobile advertising media sources.
The study analysed data collected from 295 media sources, 8,200 apps, 14.5 billion installs, and 25 billion app opens. Unsurprisingly, AppsFlyer found that Facebook still leads the market in app marketing performance. Some other highlights below:
- AppLovin was at #3 for Non-Gaming in the overall Power Ranking
- IronSource was at #1 in the Global ROI Index for the Shopping app category
- Liftoff was at #5 in the overall Power Ranking for the Shopping category in the US
- Apple Search Ads are now a mainstream media source, just behind Google and Facebook
- Snapchat has jumped five spots into 4th place in the volume ranking, and from 16th to 8th place in the power ranking
There are no surprises with Facebook taking the top spot, even despite all the setbacks from the company this year. The fact that Facebook has so much first-party data (Age/Gender/interests/Location) means apps can target their core audience with full transparency – why would you shift budget away from something like that, especially when it works?